If a donkey or mule needs assistance, first and foremost contact your local Animal Control officers if the animal is NOT your animal! Determine if donkey/mule has food, water, shelter, proper fencing. If none of those needs are met, call Animal Control.

If it is your animal who needs help, reach out to your veterinarian, or farrier if it is an issue that is correctable and you wish to keep your animal.

If you wish to surrender your donkey or mule, reach out to us, Animal Control, your veterinarian, your farrier, or another equine rescue. Be prepared to sign over ALL ownership rights and privileges when surrendering your animal. Please download the Animal Surrender Form here, fill it out in its entirety, and bring it with you when you surrender your animal.

Animal Surrender Form