Thank you so much for your interest in adopting from Long Ear Rescue, Inc.! Here are the steps to our adoption process:
1) Please visit our website to view our adoptable animals.
*If you do not have another equine, you will need to adopt two donkeys or mules. These animals are companion animals and NEED to have a friend.*
2) Print and fill out an Adoption Application.
3) Come visit your potential new best friend at the rescue!
4) Vet, farrier, and personal references will be checked after your visit. A representative from Long Ear Rescue will also do a home check at your home.
5) Congratulations! You have adopted your new best friend/s. A representative from Long Ear Rescue will deliver your new friend to your home.
*All adoptions are subject to be cancelled at ANY point if any representative of Long Ear does feel comfortable with a reference or home check.*
Prices for Adoption
- One standard or mini donkey $350
- A pair of standard or mini donkeys $600
- One mammoth donkey $550 and up*
- One mini mule $350
- One standard or draft mule $600 and up*
- One mini horse $350
- One pony or horse $650 and up*
*Dependent upon how much training each animal has had whether it be under the saddle or ground work.